Atmosphere & Hosting Administrative Assistant
Department: Atmosphere & Hosting
The Administrative Assistant will serve as a member of the Atmosphere and Hosting Director’s staff and assist in various duties as assigned by the Atmosphere and Hosting Director. The Administrative Assistant will assist with day to day operations and logistics planning for weekly services, events and special services.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist the Atmosphere and Hospitality Director with office communications (email, letters, phone calls, etc.) as requested.
- Serve as an editor at the direction of the Atmosphere and Hosting Director.
- Update the website calendar with events related directly to the department.
- Maintain communication among department personnel in regards to upcoming events.
- Provide clear communication among the Atmosphere and Hosting team.
- Assist in providing oversight to reception roles across the campuses.
- Assist with management and scheduling of the reception desk and Dream Teamers who are trained to help during the week when needed.
- Assist the Atmosphere and Hosting Director with the development of protocol and procedures as it affects the area of events and assimilation.
- Assist with event planning and scheduling follow-up meetings with the necessary departments.
- All general office duties (correspondence, phone calling, computer tasks, scheduling appointments, mail, email, ordering of supplies, maintaining a filing system, etc.).
- Compose letters when requested and assure all correspondence is mailed in a timely manner.
- Assist the Atmosphere and Hosting Director in the management of their calendar (including the scheduling of appointments, the updating of her Outlook calendar, etc.)
- Assist the Atmosphere and Hosting Director in the management of physical and electronic files (including email management, contact management, in office filing, and the filing of documents electronically).
- Coordinate departmental eSpace requests.
- Assist with budget oversight.
- Create building signage for inclement weather or service cancellations.
- Create voice messages for the JRC reception desk regarding service cancellations or inclement weather.
- Crosscheck JRC staff voicemail recordings for appropriateness and accuracy.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Per director’s request, rotate among campuses to check on Atmosphere & Hosting teams.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques, and office equipment; as well as English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to manage people.
- Ability to get along well with others and handle confidential matters.
- Ability to manage time and multiple priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally orally and in writing.
- PC skills including spreadsheet, database query and word processing.
- Must be punctual, pleasant, and tactful with professional appearance and conduct.
- Exhibit professionalism and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Capacity to interact positively with and provide service to others at all levels within JRC.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, coworkers, civic organizations, business professionals, and the general public.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting critical deadlines.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
Training and Experience
- Two (2) years of general clerical experience; OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Code of Conduct and Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.