Administrative Assistant to the Director of Designed Sisterhood Outreach & Cherish Kids
Department: Cherish Kids
To provide administrative support for the offices of the Director of Designed Sisterhood Outreach & Cherish Kids.
This is a part-time position.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manage the calendar of the Cherish Kids/Outreach Team. Ensure that calendar is accurate and information for appointments is clearly communicated.
- Monitor inbox emails, respond on Director’s behalf as needed and assisting with keeping the inbox up-to-date.
- Assist with email filing and management of email information.
- Assist with creating a system of filing and tracking documents.
- Assist in creating systems, managing information and keeping Director informed of pertinent information.
- Assists with Cherish Kids intake management.
- Assists with training and STARS class oversight and hosting.
- Assists with state meetings and relationships.
- Assists with maintaining website and social media.
- Assists with Cherish Kids Network:
- Travel and Church training
- Assist in managing projects and keeping track of information.
- Create agendas and prepare for set up of meetings related to the Director and all Outreach staff meetings.
- Process mail that comes into the office. With letters – read and create a concise overview of what was communicated.
- Coordinate all travel for the Director – preparing a folder for each event.
- Must exhibit good organizational and management skills.
- Ability to operate un-supervised, must be self-motivated.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity and punctuality.
- Attitude of hospitality and excellence in all you do, whether dealing with supervising personnel, co-workers or visiting churches.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and equipment.
- Correct usage of grammar, punctuation and spelling and ability to serve as an editor for written communication.
- Must be a “team player” in all relationships within the office and church as a whole.
- Exhibit confidentiality and discretion when dealing with all ministry matters.
- Must be able to deal with emergencies and security issues in a calm and confidential way.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.