Atmosphere Assistant Dream Team Coordinator (South)
Department: Atmosphere & Hosting
Assists in providing oversight to the South Campus building and outdoor areas.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in overseeing all hosting positions related to the Building, and Outdoor areas for all services and special events. This includes, but is not limited to, Wavers, Sidewalk Hosts, Building Door Hosts, Info Centers Hosts, Hall Hosts and Connect Center Hosts.
- Assist in overseeing Host for events that occur at the South Campus. This includes, but is not limited to, Stronger Men’s Conference Lunch, Designed for Life (DFL) Conference Lunches, Life Group Conference, October 31st Party, Vision Sunday, Easter services, Easter Egg Hunt, Designed Sisterhood Night (DSN), Graduations, James River Christmas, etc.
- Participate in helping the Hosting team oversee hosting for events pertaining to the department.
- Assist in recruiting and building Hosting team and making sure the Dream Teamers are properly trained.
- Assist in ensuring that Dream Teamers are properly trained.
- Assist in recruiting and training all coaching, as well as leading coaches pre-service huddle when needed, and helping them understand the purpose of Hosting to make sure they are leading in such a way that represents the heart and vision of the leadership.
- Assist in leading pre-service Dream Team Hosting Huddles when needed. Helping Dream Teamers understand the purpose of Hosting and making sure they are leading in such a way that represents the heart and vision of the leadership.
- Follow-up with “Schedule A Visit” forms and make sure information is ready for Sunday and Wednesdays.
- Assist in leading Grow Track week four breakout and lead Connect Party breakout as needed.
- Assist with the Grow Track interview process and track all new Dream Team recruits from Grow Track. This includes but is not limited to:
- Meet/Connect with all potential Dream Team “Prospects” during week 4 breakout and write important notes on the application.
- Send Thank You cards to everyone who came to week 4 breakout.
- Keep an eye on profiles of all “Prospects” through completion of Grow Track.
- Meet all “Prospects” on first serve date.
- Assist in ensuring all “Prospects” are properly trained before serving alone.
- Assist in ensuring all that all Dream Teamers are checking in at Dream Team Central (DTC).
- Assist in imputing F1 and in PCO and keep database clean.
- Attend training for “Blackbaud University”.
- Assist in connecting with “Prospects” within 7 days of receiving list from the Next Steps team. This includes teams that are “Other Ministry Opportunities” and “Regular Scheduled Serve Team”.
- Assist in moving “Prospects” along the process in FellowshipOne (F1).
- Assist in keeping Planning Center Online (PCO) updated and clean. Move people form “Prospect/Training” to a “Regular Assignment”.
- Assist in making sure all Dream Teamers that serve on the team are profiled in F1.
- Assist in working with the South Campus Atmosphere Coordinator to handle any Dream Team situations that may arise.
- Assist in providing guidance to Dream Team Members who have questions and help troubleshoot.
- Assist in addressing issues or situations that arise during services and events.
- Assist in making sure the building is prepared for services. Building needs to be completely set-up 1 hour prior to each service including but not limited to:
- A-Frames, Visitor Parking Signage, Connect Center Tents set-up.
- Indoor Connect Center, Information Center and Family Rooms set-up.
- Metal holders and wall info stocked with correct information.
- Check Information Centers prior to every service to keep them stocked with cards.
- Assist in keeping the Hosting Closet neat and organized.
- Assist in overseeing and cross-checking that all Hosting Dream Team positions are filled. Ensure they are in place 40 minutes prior to service and the positions are covered throughout the service.
- Assist in cross-checking building areas (Resource, Café, booths) to ensure they are staffed and ready 30 minutes prior to every service or event. Notify department if needed.
- Assist in cross-checking that the music around the building and outside is on and at the correct level. This is to be done 1 hour prior to every service or event.
- Assist in cross-checking TVs around the building, that they are on and at the correct volume levels. This is to be done 1 hour prior to every service or event.
- Assist with Dream Team member communication, as well as building relationships with coaches and Dream Team members during the week.
- Attend weekly Atmosphere and Hosting staff meetings and all other required meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Must exhibit good organizational and management skills.
- Ability to operate unsupervised, must be self-motivated.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity and punctuality.
- Attitude of hospitality and excellence in all you do, whether dealing with supervising personnel, co-workers or visiting churches.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and equipment.
- Correct usage of grammar, punctuation and spelling and ability to serve as an editor for written communication.
- Must be a “team player” in all relationships within the office and church as a whole.
- Exhibit confidentiality and discretion when dealing with all ministry matters.
- Must be able to deal with emergencies and security issues in a calm and confidential manner.
Code of Conduct and Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.