Atmosphere & Hosting Dream Team Coordinator (South)
Department: Atmosphere & Hosting
Under the supervision of the Atmosphere & Hosting Director, assist in providing oversight to the South Campus building and outdoor areas.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversee all hosting positions related to the building and outdoor areas for all services and special events. This includes, but is not limited to, wavers, sidewalk hosts, building door hosts, info center hosts, hall hosts, and Dream Team Central hosts.
- Oversee Hosting for events that occur at the South Campus as well as conferences that occur offsite. This includes, but is not limited to: Stronger Men’s Conference and Leadership Lunch; Designed for Life (DFL) Conference and Leadership Lunches; Life Group Leaders Conference; October 31st Party; Vision Sunday; Missions Sunday; Easter services & Easter Egg Hunt; Designed Sisterhood Nights (DSN); graduations; A James River Christmas; etc.
- Ensure that the building is prepared for services. The parking lot and building need to be completely set-up no later than one hour prior to each service and checked on throughout services. This includes the following: parking lot (a-frames out, visitor parking signage out, and music on) and areas around the building (music and TVs on, information centers stocked and clean, family room/nursing mothers room stocked and clean, metal holders/wall mounts stocked and Dream Team Central set up).
- Verify that Resource areas, Cafés, and booths are staffed and ready no later than 30 minutes prior to every service or event. Notify department if needed.
- Play a key role in oversee Hosting for events that the department would need to be involved in.
- Own the responsibility to recruit and build Hosting team; ensure the Dream Teamers are properly trained.
- Own the responsibility to recruit and train zone coaches.
- Weekly oversight of communication with Dream Teamers and build relationships with them.
- Lead pre-service Dream Team Hosting huddles. Help Dream Teamers understand the purpose of Hosting and making sure they are leading in such a way that represents the heart and vision of the leadership.
- Ensure that all Dream Team positions are filled no later than 40 minutes prior to each service and that positions stay covered throughout the service.
- Oversee Grow Track week four breakout and Connect Party breakout and step in to lead those breakouts when the Assistant Dream Team Coordinator is unable to do so.
- Provide oversight to Grow Track interview process. Ensure that the Assistant Dream Team Coordinator is following the process and that they are tracking all new Dream Team recruits from Grow Track, training those new recruits, and inputting data into Planning Center Online and FellowshipOne correctly.
- a. Connect with all potential Dream Team prospects during week four breakout and write important notes on the application
- b. Send “Thank You” cards to everyone who came to week four breakout
- c. Keep an eye on profiles of all prospects through completion of Grow Track
- Connect with prospects within one week of receiving list from Connections team.
- Meet all prospects on first serve date.
- Track prospects in FellowshipOne, including the transition from “Prospect/Training” to a “Regular Assignment.”
- Ensure that all prospects are properly trained before serving unsupervised.
- Stay on top of scheduling Dream Teamers.
- Ensure that all Dream Teamers are checking in at Dream Team Central and track attendance each week.
- Provides guidance to Dream Teamers who have questions and addresses any issues or situations that arise during the services and events.
- Keep Hosting closet and Hosting office area clean.
- Oversee Lost and Found.
- Attend weekly Atmosphere & Hosting staff meetings and all other required meetings.
- Oversee the South Campus Atmosphere Assistant Dream Team Coordinator and Dream Team Central point.
- Must exhibit good organizational and management skills.
- Ability to operate unsupervised, must be self-motivated.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity and punctuality.
- Attitude of hospitality and excellence in all you do, whether dealing with supervising personnel, co-workers or visiting churches.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and equipment.
- Correct usage of grammar, punctuation and spelling and ability to serve as an editor for written communication.
- Must be a “team player” in all relationships within the office and church as a whole.
- Exhibit confidentiality and discretion when dealing with all ministry matters.
- Must be able to deal with emergencies and security issues in a calm and confidential way.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.