Department: Live Production
To work closely with the Technical Director and assume primary responsibility of the management and operation of the audio console in the main sanctuary during all weekly services and special events. To play a significant role in the technical management and support of the audio equipment at all James River Church campuses and venues. This includes the upgrading, installation, maintenance, organization and repair of all equipment. To play a significant role in the preparation of live events both on and off campus. To serve as a general-purpose member of the production staff and assist in various duties as assigned by the Technical Director.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Act as audio engineer understanding the definition of desired levels and sound mix, as directed by the Technical Director and working closely with the other members of the Live Production team and venue pastors.
- Assume primary management of the audio-production equipment at all James River Church campuses and venues.
- Operate the monitor console, front of house (FOH) console, etc. for services and events, as scheduled.
- Help with the inventory of equipment in use and in the coordination of gathering equipment for outreaches and special events by church departments.
- Enthusiastically lead and train the audio volunteer team with an ongoing focus on discipleship and technical training.
- Recruit, train and empower volunteers to operate the production equipment in James River Church venues.
- Coordinate set-up and teardown for James River Church events on campus and off-site.
- Attend rehearsals and meetings, as required. Schedule early meetings with set designers and/or other departments for collaboration and planning of services and events.
- Understand basic concepts including, but not limited to, electrical safety, soundboards, cabling, circuits, music equipment, lighting and video equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of sound quality.
- Experience working with DiGiCo SD audio consoles or similar complex equipment.
- Working knowledge of large scale productions and understand the planning and implementation processes of setting up a stage for live and recorded events.
- Carry the reputation of forming cooperative working relationships with other leaders; a consensus building style and discernible qualities that demonstrate cooperation and service.
- Possess general knowledge of industry standard information of audio for broadcast and live events.
- Working knowledge of organizational, administrative, and budget management practices as demonstrated by their operational experience and/or education.
- Enthusiastic agreement with the church’s organizational statements of faith, mission and purpose.
- Balanced but energetic lifestyle in keeping with the values of James River Church, including the qualities of strong ethics, decisiveness, flexibility, firmness and fairness.
- A positive example for others through personal integrity, self-discipline and accountability.
- Personable, with a genuine interest in others, balancing task orientation with sensitivity to people.
- Possess effective human relations and communications skills in order to deal effectively with staff and the community.
- Highly participative relational and communication style, with a team member attitude.
- Issue clear and concise oral and written instructions and follow same as required.
- Good writing and personal computer skills for administration of email, preparation of budgets, correspondence and records.
- Able to make independent decisions.
- Receptive to change and be willing to promote new ideas and techniques and take courses in order to improve the overall operation of the department.
- Maintain and compile accurate records, estimates and reports as required.
- Be organized and attentive to detail.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.