Construction Manager Assistant
Works closely with the Construction Manager in executing the primary responsibilities of the day-to-day operations of South Campus construction projects.
This position will be scheduled to work full-time at the South Campus.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Input financial and construction updates into Builders Trend.
- Approve Construction invoices and input in Intacct for payment.
- Manage credit card transactions pertaining to construction.
- Digital and physical document filing.
- Manage the emails of the Construction Manager and flag as needed.
- Owner, Architect, Contractor (OAC) meeting outlines, notes, and task lists for vendors
- Review documents for revisions and flag updates to be reviewed.
- Attend all meetings and walk-throughs.
- Receive deliveries to proper location.
- Material orders.
- Identify product delays and communicate them to Construction Manager.
- Assist in compiling punch list (construction completion lists).
- Assist with 90-day timeline and schedules.
- Update job schedule with changes.
- Coordinate filming schedule, and service clean-up.
- Have a working knowledge of the church calendar and work closely with the Calendar Coordinator.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required.
- 2 years administrative experience.
- Highly detailed and organized.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and Adobe applications.
- Ability to work in fast passed environment and adapt to change.
- Basic knowledge of construction documents and construction terms.
- Demonstrate ability to coordinate and supervise the work of others.
- Possess effective human relations and communication skills in order to work proactively with staff, congregation, and community.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Issue clear and concise oral and written instructions and follow same as required.
- Capable of performing all duties as assigned.
- Schedule Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm with flexibility.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.