Contact Management Assistant
Department: Next Steps
The Contact Management Assistant serves the various ministries of James River Church in data entry tasks.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Enter information from Connect Cards/Connect Center/Kids Cards/Salvation sheets – New Visitors, Volunteer & Life Group interest into church management system database
- Prepare and send Connection Report to Executive Team weekly
- Update and send visitor information statistics to Executive Team weekly
- Prepare and send Campus New Visitor list to Campus Pastors weekly to notify of new visitors specific to their campus
- Notify appropriate departments of interest in Dream Teams, Life Groups or Living Free
- Enter information from Grow Track attendance sheets into church management system database
- Prepare and mail out New Visitor Letters
- Hand write postcards for New Visitors weekly, if volunteer is not available
- Email Newcomer’s Dinner interest to appropriate department
- Prepare and distribute Weekly Cookie/Calls Visitation sheets, which would include mapping of visits for Pastors
- Updated church management system database with any notes from returned Cookie/Calls Visitation sheets
- Distribute any follow-up requests from Cookie/Calls Visitation to appropriate departments
- Enters salvations, rededications and baptism dates into church management system
- Notify Hosting Team of “Schedule a Visit” forms received
- Updates personal information into church management system database as requested and upon receipt of returned mail or change requests, such as email changes, address, phone, no longer attending
- Email Background Screener with anyone no longer attending, so forms can be archived
- Updates “JRC Updates” (on jamesriver.church) mailing list when new/updated email addresses are received via Connect Card/Connect Center and/or department information updates
- Unsubscribe email addresses from church management system database upon request
- Combine duplicates in church management system database upon request from a staff member
- Coordinate printing and distribution of Dream Team badges to Grow Track graduates, including communication of when badge is available and where to pick it up
- Archive all visitor cards each week
- Two (2) years of general clerical experience or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Proficiency in computer keyboarding. Skill accuracy and reasonable speed in compiling a variety of materials, including statements, minutes, correspondence, reports, and other material.
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques, and office equipment, as well as English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.