Content & Cultural Specialist
The Content and Cultural Specialist works under the direction of the Senior Associate Pastor in all aspects of all-church content alignment, including but not limited to the Senior Pastor’s social media, James River Church’s social media, James River Church website, blog, TV, print pieces, and press releases. Other writing and content creation will be required as directed by the Senior Associate Pastor.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Oversee the Creation of a 365-Day Content Calendar:
- ● Press releases:
- ○ Ensure press releases are written for major James River Church events and initiatives for approval by the Chief Operations Officer, Senior Associate Pastor, and/or West Campus Pastor
- ● Billboards:
- ○ Ensure billboard contracts are written, approved, and sent in a timely manner.
- ○ Review text and logo placement on all billboards.
- ● Electronic Signage at South Campus and North Campus:
- ○ Create a schedule and ensure relevant/quality content is displayed at all times.
- ● James River Church Blog:
- ○ Attend all James River events with the purpose of providing quality blog content.
- ○ Ensure the James River Church blog has a minimum of one post per week.
- ○ Write a blog post for the James River blog to be posted twice a month.
- ○ Assist in the creation and scheduling of blog posts by approved Leadership staff.
- Social Media:
- ● Oversee the Lead Pastor’s social media accounts by doing the following:
- ○ Create a posting schedule based on the James River Church calendar, significant holidays, as well as the Lead Pastor’s work and personal calendar.
- ○ Ensure all posts reflect the heard and vision of the Lead Pastors as well as the branding of James River Church.
- ● Oversee James River Church’s social media by doing the following:
- ○ Create a posting schedule based on the James River Church calendar, significant holidays, etc.
- ○ Ensure all posts reflect the heart and vision of the Lead Pastors as well as the branding of James River Church.
- ● Attend all James River events with the purpose of providing quality social media coverage.
- ● Ensure James River Church’s social media coverage is excellent for all events.
- ● Create posts for James River staff and aid them in creating a quality social media presence.
- ● Create and implement strategies for growing the James River Church social media accounts.
- ● Ensure all James River Church social media accounts have quality and timely engagement.
- ● Research and implement strategies to ensure James River Church’s and staff’s social media presence are both current and relevant. This will include investigating new social media platforms.
- James River Church Website Content:
- ● Ensure all written information on the James River Church website is current and accurate.
- ● Ensure all written information on the James River Church website comply with James River Church branding and cultural language.
- ● Ensure all pictures on the website represent the James River brand and are up to date.
- ● Ensure all sermon content on the website is posted in a timely manner and represent the brand of the Church and Pastors John and Debbie well.
- ● Ensure all website inquiries have quality and timely engagement.
- ● Create sermon descriptions for messages posted to the website that reflect James River branding.
- James River TV – Local and International:
- ● Review all sermons prior to airing on TV to ensure the content is appropriate for public viewing and represents the brand of the church as well as the vision of the Lead Pastors.
- ○ Accomplish this based on criteria as directed by the Senior Associate Pastor.
- ● Ensure the James River TV content is both high quality and current.
- ● Assist in the communication with entities regarding James River’s television ministry.
- Print Pieces:
- ● Assist in the writing of print pieces that would be considered all-church. This would include, but is not limited to:
- ○ New people brochure
- ○ Connection Class literature
- ○ Altar Room and Baptism literature
- ○ All church seat cards (i.e. Daniel Fast, Vision Sunday prayer cards, etc.)
- ○ Ensure that all of the written information on the website complies with James River Church branding and cultural language.
- A basic understanding of and experience using Photoshop for photo editing
- A basic understanding of and experience using Premier for video editing
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures,filing, telephone techniques, and office equipment
- Intermediate level skill on personal computer using Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Project, and Explorer
- A demonstrated aptitude to learning new computer software program(s)
- An aptitude for learning and using electronic office equipment including a cell phone, electronic controls on machines such as a copy machine, fax machine, and computer networked devices
- Communicate in an effective and professional manner (orally and written)
- Skill in taking and transcribing dictation, accurately and with reasonable speed, of a variety of materials (including but not limited to statements, minutes, correspondence, and reports)
- Ability to perform clerical duties with speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision
- Exhibit good judgement, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, coworkers, civic organizations, business professionals, and the general public
- Perform all other related duties as assigned and required
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.