Counseling Ministries / Community Care Administrative Assistant
Department: Counseling/Community Care
Serves as Administrative Assistant to the Counseling Ministries Pastor and assists the office of Church and Community Care with events.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Answering calls for people needing to make counseling appointments, maximizing live responses.
- Calling all online counseling submissions to set appointment with an appropriate counselor. Sending a follow up email to anyone who you cannot reach via phone.
- Assessing situations to determine the urgency of the appointments.
- Encouraging and praying with counselees over the phone.
- Scheduling for staff and volunteer counselors.
- Printing daily appointment calendars for receptionist at front desk.
- Making reminder calls to counselees the business day before their upcoming appointment.
- Performing administrative duties for New Counselor Trainings and Counseling Team Nights. Reserve rooms in eSpace, coordinate with the café for meals, record attendance and send weekly/monthly reminder emails.
- Coordinate schedules/room logistics for volunteer counselors. Assist new counselors by meeting with them, creating/training them on their Google calendar, providing them needed administrative supplies and the necessary keys/badge access.
- Update the volunteer counselor information spreadsheet as needed.
- Production of 6-part folders for couples
- Making sure paperwork and applications are turned in, as well as accepting deposit/payments for cost of sessions.
- Scheduling of appointments and grading of the Taylor Johnson Assessments.
- Scheduling and setting up for Biblical Foundations Class which includes purchasing, production of folders, décor and refreshments for this monthly event.
- Communication with events team and wedding coordinator for scheduling for weddings.
- Production of Certificates of Completion.
- Maintain an updated premarital tracking document.
- Reconciliation of all credit card statements.
- Prepare any publications or documents needed for training and other programs.
- Duplication and provision of Counseling Intake Agreements for the front desk.
- Ordering of supplies.
- Filing and confidentiality of all client files and information, archive outdated client files every 6 months.
- Produce Executive Report and track/report weekly counseling appointments for staff and volunteer counselees.
- Send letters and resources monthly to family members on the Funeral Report list.
- Support the Human Resources team, as needed, in processing Taylor Johnson Temperment Analysis assessments.
- The design and production of promo sheets, memory verse cards, and graduation certificates as needed.
- Provide office support for Living Free Director and campus coaches.
- Schedule meeting space in eSpace software and work with Facilities to insure proper scheduling of all meetings and events.
- Create the quarterly Excel spreadsheet that is used to plan Living Free groups.
- Add Living Free member names from sign-ups for quarterly groups in the FellowshipOne database.
- Function as the Counseling and Living Free Department Dream Team Coordinator; tracking the training and development of new volunteers as they move into fully trained and serving Dream Team members.
CHURCH & COMMUNITY CARE
- Assistant of Outreach Events: Project Partnership, Stuff the Bus, Thanksgiving Baskets and Season of Giving.
- Assist the Church and Community Care Director with planning and executing the major outreach events of the department.
- Execute portions of logistical work related to each outreach including, budget, promotional plans, volunteer recruits and placement, outreach correspondence, data entry, material procurement, outreach traffic flows and donor recognition.
- Supporting outreach event committees as they are developed.
- Keeping processes for each aspect of the outreach event.
- Listing and organizing volunteer databases for maximum communication and outreach effectiveness.
- Provide onsite support for all outreach events.
- For cards pulled because counseling may be needed, call the persons who wrote the prayer card to see if counseling may be appropriate and scheduled.
- Email prayer cards that reveal serious situations involving family or close friends to Dream Team counselors that serve as our prayer team for these situations. These are pulled and provided to our office the day after each service.
- Print online prayer submissions.
- Take prayer requests that are called in and pray with people on the phone.
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques, and office equipment; as well as English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to get along well with others and handle confidential matters.
- Ability to manage time and multiple priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally orally and in writing.
- Personal computer skills including spreadsheet, database query and word processing.
- Must be punctual, pleasant and tactful with professional appearance and conduct.
- Exhibit professionalism and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Capacity to interact positively with and provide service to others at all levels within JRC.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, coworkers, civic organizations, business professionals and the general public.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, punctuality and other professional work standards.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting critical deadlines.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.