Custodial Support Evening Shift (South)
Work closely with the Custodial Supervisor in day-to-day custodial tasks. Responsibility consists of all aspects of maintaining the overall appearance and cleanliness of the JRC campus.
Essential Responsibilities & Job Duties
- Implement actions and execute processes necessary to meet goals and promote continual improvement.
- To create work plans necessary to accomplish objectives and goals as agreed upon by the Custodial Supervisor.
- Basic knowledge of operation and maintenance of custodial equipment.
- Involved in maintaining inventory of custodial supplies as directed by the Custodial Supervisor.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of custodial equipment, supplies, and other work areas as directed by the Custodial Supervisor.
- Have a working knowledge of the church calendar.
- Provide custodial support for event set-up and tear-down, including large special events, as noted in the church calendar and directed by the Custodial Supervisor.
- Complete all assigned daily and weekly checklists and reports as directed by the Custodial Supervisor.
- Oversee locking and arming the building when necessary.
- Special events are to be noted as “all hands-on deck” and can be expected.
- Maintain quality to ensure a high-quality level of cleanliness throughout building.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required.
- Available to work 12:30pm to 9pm 7 days a week. Notification of schedule will be given 2 weeks in advance.
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds.
- One years’ experience related to working knowledge of methods, equipment, and materials used in all aspects of custodial care and building setups.
- Possess effective human relations and communication skills in order to work proactively with staff, congregation, and community.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Ability to clearly understand, interpret, and execute both oral and written instructions as given by the Custodial Supervisor.
- Capable of performing all duties as assigned by Custodial Supervisor.
- Ability to read and correctly interpret SDS (Safety Data Sheets).
- Be available as needed for any Sunday emergency situation.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, and the general public.
- Available for approximately 10 hours of overtime per week during special events.
- Required availability for all church events including, but not limited to the following: Easter, Stronger Men’s Conference (SMC), Designed for Life Women’s Conference (DFL), and A James River Christmas.
- Vacation requests up to 6 weeks prior to DFL are not permitted without special permission.
Code of Conduct and Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff members are considered leaders and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life.
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.