Digital Marketing Director
Department: Digital Marketing
The Digital Marketing Director is positioned to provide digital marketing, communication leadership, & direction for James River Church & affiliated organizations in an effort to spread the Gospel & reach the lost. This includes developing specific goals, initiatives, & plans to help achieve the overall vision & goals of the church, as well as any affiliated organizations. The expectation is to be the resident expert in digital technology, communications, & marketing to provide advice, assistance, & options in relation to specific departmental goals. This role also includes providing leadership to the digital marketing department ensuring that the team stays on target, well resourced for their responsibilities, & maintains a healthy work/life/spiritual balance.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ability to generate specific goals & tasks from abstract initiatives & goals
- Keep on task & with steady progress without constant oversight
- Making decisions based on data, understanding of goals, & within constraints
- Develop & maintain yearly budgets to achieve maximum results
- Provide organizational & cultural leadership to the digital marketing team
- Consistent leadership style
- Ability to work under deadlines & in a high feedback environment
TECHNICAL PROBLEM SOLVING & APTITUDE
- Ability to integrate various software & technologies to achieve overall goals
- Knowledge of the latest technology advances
- Testing & vetting of new potential solutions
- Drive to implement new technology to improve efficiency & effectiveness
DEVELOPMENT & MAINTENANCE
- Creation & management of web forms
- Management of email contacts & registration data
- Configuration setup of marketing platforms
- Website management & maintenance
- Maintenance, oversight, & content posting on all digital platforms
CONTENT & PUBLISHING
- Proofreading & quality control for digital marketing content
- Website content updates & cross training of departments
- Curation of content & publishing
- Writing & generation of blogs & press releases for digital consumption
- Knowledge of various marketing concepts, techniques, & principles
- Working knowledge & experience implementing inbound marketing
- Ability to define the role of marketing in a church setting & culture
- Experience & ability to demonstrate working knowledge with several digital marketing platforms
- Ability to develop complete advertising campaigns based on a budget & goals
- Working knowledge of various digital advertising mediums
- Develop content strategy & schedule
- Provide direction & leadership for social media content with specific goals per platform (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, YouTube, etc…)
- Engagement strategies utilizing social media
- Strategically grow church audience & improves online relations
- Generation of social media initiatives to grow the reach & influence of the church
- Creation, maintenance, & metric tracking for social media advertising
- Analytics reporting
- Search engine optimization
- Marketing research & development
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven consistent leadership style aligned with the James River Church culture
- High aptitude in strategic planning, technology, & problem solving
- Able to collaborate on projects & campaigns within & outside of the church
- Able to work under tight deadlines & pressure, maintaining a professional demeanor
- Demonstrates excellent decision making & problem-solving abilities without immediate & constant supervision
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, & punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards
- Ability to establish & maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, civic organizations, business professionals, & general public
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times with regards to phone, email, & other forms of communication
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization
- Experience in graphic design & content creation
- Experience & in-depth understanding of popular social media platforms
- Excellent writing capability & understanding of spelling, grammar & punctuation
- Knowledge of modern office methods & procedures, telephone techniques, & office equipment, as well as English usage
Software & Applications
- Working knowledge & experience using the following softwares & applications (*or equivalent)
- Divi WordPress Theme
- Google AdWords
- Google Business Products
- Google Analytics
- Facebook Business
- YouTube Admin
- Mac iOS/Windows
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Photoshop
- Gravity Forms*
Required Training & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in computer science, marketing, communications, advertising, or equivalent in experience.
- Minimum four (4) years experience working in a professional, fast-paced, business, or church office environment, preferably with an emphasis on communications & marketing responsibilities.
- Minimum two (2) years experience leading a team with responsibilities of achieving goals, metrics, tracking progress, performing at a high level, team unity, maintaining a high level of team health, and leading by example.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.