Digital Marketing & Web Specialist
Department: Digital Marketing
The Digital Marketing & Web Specialist position is purposed to assist in managing & improving the communication & marketing systems of James River Church and associated ministries. Under the leadership of the Digital Marketing Director, this role assists in expanding the ministry of the church by creating, curating & publishing content on James River Church websites, social media & all other marketing platforms. The position also assists & handles the technical aspects of our marketing systems & websites. We are looking for someone with a combination of skills & experience between a website developer/admin & a marketing expert; with the ability to apply marketing strategies in a digital landscape using web-based solutions & applications. If you do not currently meet all the listed job requirements & duties but have the drive & willingness to learn, we would encourage you to still apply.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
WEBMASTER & ONLINE SYSTEMS MANAGER
- Website management, maintenance & webmaster responsibilities for all James River Church & affiliated WordPress websites and servers
- Creation & implementation of new ideas to improve website presence, user engagement, usability & security
- Implementation of proper Search Engine Optimization strategies & practices
- Setup & maintenance of registration systems (Brushfire) & check-in
- Management of email marketing system including contact database, email creation, integration with other software & improving email engagement
- Setup, maintenance & working knowledge of marketing platforms such as (but not limited to) Moz, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Subsplash, Google My Business, Podbean, YouTube & Gravity Forms (or equivalent)
CONTENT & PUBLISHING
- Creation, proofreading, curation, publishing, updating & quality control for all digital content such as blogs, landing pages, event promotion, sermon pages, registration, conferences & all other supporting pages
- Training of departments to produce applicable & relevant content
- Develop & implement campaigns & strategies to maximize the reach, effectiveness & engagement of content marketing
- Research new marketing trends & techniques to evaluate their potential, effectiveness & relevancy to work in the Church space
- Coordinate with social media teams to ensure consistency & cohesiveness of content within the overarching marketing campaign
- Assist with social media engagement & audience response
- Create, manage & analyze paid social media campaigns ensuring coordination with the organic social media teams
- Assist the social media administration team managing appropriate user access, implementation of high account security & maintaining account integrity across all James River Church & affiliated social media accounts
- Integration of social media accounts with other various marketing software/platforms
GENERAL MARKETING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintaining a healthy relationship with any third-party marketing teams
- Ability to pull & analyze marketing data to provide summary reports with key findings related to campaign success, user engagement, historical trends & overall effectiveness of marketing initiatives
- Provide training & marketing expertise for all internal James River Church departments ensuring healthy & positive working relationships
- Continual pursuit of new marketing research & development
- Ability to fulfill webmaster responsibilities & maintain an excellent infrastructure across multiple websites
- Ability to be the in-house expert in providing leadership & direction for implementation of digital solutions & software to meet strategic goals to fulfill the vision of the Church & leadership staff
- Knowledge & understanding of proper SEO strategies, techniques & best practices
- Experience with inbound & content marketing strategies (ability to show examples of past campaigns is desired)
- Ability to work in teams with a wide variation of knowledge & understanding of marketing & digital applications
- Demonstrates excellent decision making & problem-solving abilities without immediate & constant supervision
- Experience with digital advertising across various platforms & with a variety of campaign goals
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility & punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times with regards to phone, email & all other forms of communication
- Knowledge of modern office methods & procedures, telephone techniques, & office equipment, as well as English usage
- Excellent writing capability & understanding of spelling, grammar & punctuation
- Ability to establish & maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, civic organizations, business professionals & general public
- High aptitude in strategic planning, technology & problem solving
- Experience in graphic design is desired, but not required
- Able to collaborate on projects & campaigns within & outside of the church
- Able to work under tight deadlines & pressure; maintaining a professional demeanor
- Performs other related duties as assigned & required
Training & Experience
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree preferably in computer science, marketing, communications, advertising, or equivalent in experience.
- Minimum two (2) years working experience & advanced technical knowledge of webmaster responsibilities & website infrastructure maintenance
- Minimum two (2) years working experience & advanced knowledge of the following programs/computers: WordPress, Google Suite products, MailChimp, popular social media platforms, Microsoft Office & Gravity Forms (or equivalent applications)
- Proven ability to work in a professional, fast-paced, church office environment, preferably with an emphasis on communications & marketing responsibilities.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.