Dream Team Assistant
Department: Next Steps
Directs, coordinates, and supervises the operations of all church resource centers at all campuses and the online store. Responsibility for purchasing, stocking, merchandising, sales, inventory control, cash and credit card transactions, and filling online orders. Maintain a significant volunteer floor presence during services, events, & conferences.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Follow-up with Dream Team members on a routine basis to ensure success and ongoing service.
- Cross check all special event Dream Team signups to ensure completion of Grow Track and approval to serve.
- Roster all special event Dream Team Members for events in data management system(s).
- Process and respond to all Dream Team questions.
- Assist Next Steps team to roster new Dream Team members in data management System(s).
- Assist Next Steps team with data entry for Grow Track, Dream Team and Contact Management information as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned by the Next Steps Director.
- Proficiency in office procedures, computer skills relating to word processing, database and spreadsheet management, and online research
- Creative problem solving, analytical thinking and communication skills
- Excellent communication skills, including English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Ability to multitask, manage time effectively and show attention to detail
- Demonstrate high standards of honesty, integrity, and responsibility and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, coworkers, civic organizations, business professionals, JRC volunteers and the general public
- Exhibit a Christ-like attitude and servant spirit
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.