Elementary Associate (South)
To work closely with the Elementary Director to provide oversight to the weekly ministry functions associated with James River Kids Elementary. Work as part of a team in the development and execution of weekly Sunday and Wednesday services as well as various Elementary and church-wide events.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
FLOOR SET-UP & ATMOSPHERE
- Ensure all Elementary areas are guest-ready prior to Sunday and Wednesday services
- Follow-up with calendar items and activities that would be outside of large group and small group. Examples of these would be:
- Registration for kid-specific activities – camp, JBQ, etc.
- Parent connections outside of the room – salvation celebration, hands-on activities, etc.
- Be aware of all events and activities happening during any given service
- Maintain a strong kids’ greeting ministry by recruiting and training greeting team
- Ensure that greeter positions are filled and that greeters are informed of weekly information pertaining to the ministries of JRC and specifically to kids.
- Rotate through each area on Sundays/Wednesdays
- Serve as the Dream Team Coordinator for assigned campus
- Ensure high capacity team is in place to receive incoming Dream Team members on week 4 of Grow Track
- Follow up on new Dream Teamers within 24 hours and assess best placement on the Elementary team
- Maintain data integrity with all Elementary Dream Teams
- Work closely with each venue coordinator to build well-trained, fully staffed teams
LARGE GROUP EXPERIENCE
- Possess strong public communication skills and rotate themselves through various venues to teach on Sundays and Wednesdays
- Provide feedback to stage teams
- Provide ongoing feedback to Elementary Director and the Large Group Experience Coordinator
- Work closely with the Large Group Experience Coordinator to build strong teams and to ensure all supplies are ready for services
SMALL GROUP EXPERIENCE
- Has a thorough understanding of what is taking place in in Small Group time for services
- Provide coaching and feedback to small group leaders as needed
- Work closely with venue coordinators and provide assistance/direction as needed
- Creates campus-specific plans for all ministry as it relates to student and family interaction
- Follow up with first time guests
- Send out post cards/emails
- Ongoing process of creating a “wow” experience for all guests
JAMES RIVER KIDS’ CURRICULUM
James River Kids creates and publishes their own curriculum. The South Campus Associate would serve on the curriculum development team. Specific responsibilities would be:
- Create weekly small group ministry plans
- Research illustrations and hands-on experiential lessons for classrooms
- Develop resource and training for effective classroom management
- Write weekly devotions
JAMES RIVER KIDS’ BUDDIES
James River Kids provides care for special needs. The South Campus Associate would oversee the vision and implement and maintain the Buddy System across all campuses.
JAMES RIVER KIDS EVENTS
James River Kids is involved in several all-church events and Elementary outreach events. The Elementary Associate would be involved in the planning and executing of these events. Events include but are not limited to: Camp, October 31st Party, Easter, A James River Christmas, JRKIDS Experience, Life Group Leaders Conference, Season of Giving events, etc.
- Must exhibit good organizational and management skills
- Ability to operate unsupervised, must be self-motivated
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity and punctuality
- Attitude of hospitality and excellence in all you do, whether dealing with supervising personnel, co-workers or visiting churches
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and equipment
- Correct usage of grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Must be a “team player” in all relationships within the office and church as a whole
- Exhibit confidentiality and discretion when dealing with all ministry matters
- Must be able to deal with emergencies and security issues in a calm and confidential way
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.