Elementary Coordinator for West Campus
The West Campus Coordinator is to work closely with the Elementary Campus Director to implement and execute ministry as it relates to logistics, set-up, small group supplies, and team recruitment. They will assist the campus director by providing leadership to Dream Team members.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
SMALL GROUP PREP
- Recruit and train an effective team for small group
- Multiply small groups as necessary
- Develop a team of coaches to assist in overseeing small group ministry during services
- Communicate all details of small group in a timely manner
- Print and distribute Small group game plans
- Be familiar with everything needed for a successful small group and ensure that all needed supplies are readily available
- Make sure all needed items (prizes, handouts, etc.) are ready for service times
- Create samples of small group activities
- Make sure that all SPIN snacks, needed supplies, samples are stocked and ready for service times.
- Make sure all items for salvation altar calls and guest of honor cups are prepped and ready for service times, restocking supplies as needed
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of small group rooms, ensuring basic supplies are always in place
- Write and send postcards to first time guests
- Manage inputting attendance and salvation responses
- Manage eSpace relating to James River Kids West Campus including, but not limited to:
- Classroom and auditorium reservations and setup
- Banner reservations
- Venue requests
- Ensure café is adequately stocked including money box, food items, signage
- Assist Campus Director to oversee set-up of all café specialty items (popcorn, slushies, etc.)
- Manage games in the venue – keeping them organized and set up before services
- Set up craft tables and other specialized areas as needed
- Oversee set-up needs for each service as needed including but not limited to
- Chair set-up (at times coordinating with facilities)
- Café chairs
- Serve as campus Dream Team Coordinator
- Recruit, train and develop Sunday and Wednesday Kids Dream Team
- Enter Dream Team into Planning Center and database
- Maintain weekly communication with team
- Recruit, train, and develop a team to assist for set-up and tear-down of venues
- Develop team needed for periodic cleaning and organizing of Kids space
- Assist campus director by overseeing rotations
- Lead huddle times per direction of campus director
- Teach / host / train new leaders during service
- Must be able to handle discipline issues and interact with parents in a professional manner
- Must be able to handle confrontational situations with parents and/or leaders as needed
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Candidate should possess excellent organizational skills and possess a natural ability to pay attention to detail and to have things in order.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Strong computer skills and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge and skills of various computer programs (Microsoft Office suite including Outlook & Word, etc.)
- Possess good people skills.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.