Facilities Supervisor (Joplin)
Work closely with the Facilities Director in the day-to-day maintenance and custodial needs of the Joplin James River Facilities.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Measure, monitor, and analyze the processes and implement actions necessary to meet goals and drive continual improvement.
- Liaison between JRC and day to day contractors
- Good understanding of the HVAC control system
- Follow work plans necessary to accomplish the objectives and goals for the maintenance and custodial needs as agreed upon by the Facilities Director
- Manage routine logistics, maintenance, and custodial aspects of buildings, grounds, church owned vehicles, related equipment, systems, and supplies
- Acquires and maintains all regular inspections, certifications, and records required by state and local governments, including OSHA.
- Receives, and tracks work orders and maintains records related to the campus Facilities Department.
- Oversees and manages members of the custodial, maintenance, and logistic teams; relating to ongoing and special events
- Manage onsite and offsite warehouse inventory according to campus location.
- Generate weekly reports.
- Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feed and coaching.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- 3 years in supervisory role of 3 people or more
- Working knowledge of HVAC, control units, plumbing, electrical, general construction, blueprints, and irrigation systems
- Demonstrate ability to coordinate and supervise the work of others.
- Possess effective human relations and communications skills in order to work proactively with staff and the community.
- Able to make independent decisions, issue clear and concise oral and written instructions, and follow same as required.
- Capable of performing duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and correctly interpret SDS (Safety Data Sheets).
- Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to at least 7 years’ experience in building maintenance, construction, automotive repair, and supervision experience
- Be available to be on call for any Sunday breakdowns that could create an emergency situation.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, and the general public.
- Availability to work 6am to 9pm 7 days a week.
- Ability to lift 80 lbs.
Training & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred
- Two (2) years of administrative experience preferred
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.