Department: Creative Services
The Creative Team Film Dept. is responsible for producing all video content for James River Church. We tell stories through video, produce weekly television programs, weekend experience videos, television ads, promotional content for social media, event openers, bumpers, LED content, event coverage and anything else that involves producing video content. We create works that build the local church and inspire audiences to grow in their personal faith.
This is a full-time position.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conceptualize, write, edit, and produce scripts as needed.
- Director of photography on all film shoots and manage the technical aspects of the film including cameras, sound, lighting, design, etc.
- Assist the Creative Team Director in managing large-scale projects including budgeting, casting, scouting, and producing videos.
- Oversee the post-production process for all TV/film projects.
- Coordinate with contractors/freelancers with any outsourced film projects.
- Coordinate all live event coverage – including staff, volunteers, video gear, and equipment rental for events.
- Assist in leading the Creative Team College Practicum, including planning assignments for students.
- Oversees the packaging, production for the James River Television program.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required.
- Minimum of 4+ years’ experience in film/video making (directing, editing, etc.)
- Film portfolio available online*
- Extensive understanding of filmmaking process (development, pre-production, production and post-production)
- Video editing proficiency (Adobe Premiere)
- Color-grading proficiency
- Proficiency with production equipment (steady cam, dolly, gimbal, lighting, camera op)
- Creativity / strong editorial problem solver and self-motivator
- Passionate about the Gospel and motivated in building the local church.
*May include link in resume or in application below.
Code of Conduct and Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.