Human Resources & Benefits Support
Department: Human Resources
Under the supervision of the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resource and Benefit Support position will be responsible for administrative support of day to day HR operations and will assist with internal Payroll and Benefit duties and processes. This position will also assist in other various duties as assigned by the director to further advance the ministry.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Coordinate monthly orientations (Human Resources Orientation/HRO, New Employee Orientation/NEO, & Benefits)
- Key new hires and process terminations in Payroll and Benefit programs
- Assist with annual Weekday Preschool new hire events
- Posting of jobs/removal of jobs on website
- Enter employee benefit premium deductions into Payroll program
- Create and send monthly reports of new enrollments and terminations for benefits
- Audit monthly invoices from carriers and process for payment
- Conduct quarterly audits between Benefit portal and Payroll to ensure correct deductions
- Prepare and submit 1095s for year end
- Monitor ACA hours and communicate the need for adjustments with supervisors
- Assist employees & supervisors with internal questions as they relate to benefits and payroll
- Compile and report annual cost of health reporting for W2s
- Assist with annual Open Enrollment
- Complete annual Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) reporting
- Provide reports to accounting for audits
- Follow up with employees on opening of HSA accounts
- Complete audits and reconciliations of benefit liabilities, payroll bank account, etc.
- Facilitate FMLA (maternity/paternity meetings, tracking of FMLA time, disbursing of required notifications, etc.)
- All general office duties (phone calls, mail, email, ordering of supplies, filing, etc.)
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned by management
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques, and office equipment; as well as English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Exhibit professionalism and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to get along well with others.
- Ability to manage time and multiple priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally orally and in writing.
- PC skills including Excel, Outlook, Publisher, and Word.
- Capacity to interact positively with and provide service to others at all levels within JRC.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting critical deadlines.
Training & Experience
- (1) year minimum experience as an admin assistant or similar position
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook and Word
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.