Human Resources Coordinator
Department: Human Resources
Under the supervision of the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Coordinator will be responsible for administrative support of day to day HR operations, including recruitment, onboarding, & retention of employees.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
GENERAL HR DUTIES
- Create & send reports as necessary (ACA hours, Equal Employment Opportunity, cost of health, etc.)
- Maintain I-9 records to remain in legal compliance
- Train interview teams on interview guidelines
- Maintain employee files (benefits, personnel, payroll)
- Research & apply HR related regulations as necessary
- Create & distribute monthly staff newsletter
- Process terminations
- Maintain job postings (church website, Indeed, Handshake)
- Receive & distribute applications to hiring managers
- Communication with candidates & hiring managers (scheduling interviews, application status, etc.)
- Facilitate candidate assessments
- Create & send offer letters
- Process new hire screenings
- Facilitate & process new hire paperwork
- Facilitate new hire benefits
- Coordinate monthly & annual orientations
- Assist employees & supervisors with internal questions as they relate to HR
- Facilitate FMLA, including but not limited to maternity/paternity meetings, tracking of FMLA time, etc.
- Assist employees with benefits as needed
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques, and office equipment; as well as English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Exhibit professionalism and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to get along well with others.
- Ability to manage time and multiple priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally orally and in writing.
- PC skills including Excel, Outlook, Publisher, and Word.
- Capacity to interact positively with and provide service to others at all levels within JRC.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting critical deadlines.
Training & Experience
- (1) year minimum experience as an admin assistant or similar position
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook and Word
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.