Mercy in Motion Coordinator
Department: Mercy in Motion
To work directly under the Lead Pastor and Designed Sisterhood Outreach Director in providing oversight and direction regarding vision and goals for the Mercy in Motion ministry.
This is a part-time position.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist with mentoring girls walking through challenging circumstances
- Oversee and serve as the staff liaison to the Outreach Team for Designed Sisterhood (DS) events and Designed for Life (DFL) Women’s Conference
- Oversee Mercy in Motion Ministry program
- Develop/Research Mercy in Motion process
- Coordinates counseling for girls in crisis by giving direction and providing next step options
- Assess girls in crisis to determine the program(s) that best fit their needs. To include, but not limited to: Mercy Ministries, Living Free, accountability partners, independent small groups, counseling, etc…
- Develop and oversee independent small groups including book studies, transitional care, etc.
- Oversee and recruit Mercy in Motion volunteers
- Provide ongoing education and training for all volunteers
- Implement and train new volunteers wanting to be a part the Mercy in Motion program
- Meet with Mercy in Motion volunteers on a regular basis
- Oversee process for those applying to any Residential Ministries (Mercy Ministries, Teen Challenge, etc.) with JRC girls
- Assist girls applying to Mercy Ministries/Teen Challenge/etc. with the application process
- Develop a support system for families for girls in crisis
- Discover and connect Accountability Partners for girls that have graduated Mercy Multiplied/Teen Challenge/etc. and are returning to JRC
- Connect with Accountability Partners monthly to assess the progress of those being counseled
- Serve as first point of contact for graduates of Residential Ministries attending JRC to assure they are getting acclimated and connected in a timely manner to the ministries available
- Continue ongoing communication with all graduates of Residential Ministries attending JRC
- Handle all phone and email inquiries regarding questions about Mercy Multiplied, Teen Challenge, or any other Residential Ministries for women
- Serve as the liaison between James River Church and any residential ministry
- Assist with Cherish Kids Cares
- Support the respite/support requests that come through Cherish Kids (CK) website
- Support the scheduling of respite/support care
- Meet with foster/adoptive families going through difficult situations with their families – whether biological or foster/adoptive
- Prepare and submit a weekly executive report to the DS office
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned by management
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques and office equipment, as well as English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Detail-oriented, accurate, ability to multi-task and handle frequent interruptions.
- Ability to perform secretarial and clerical duties with speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, civic organizations, business professionals and the general public.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.