Coordinate all aspects of the Missions Department under the direction of COO. Assist the office of the COO with various projects and anything else as requested.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Communicating with and/or hosting Missionaries James River Church currently supports
- Communicating with and/or hosting potential missionaries
- Coordinating and pricing all mission trips
- Coordinating with COO/Missions Pastor on trip selection, team leaders and trip cost
- Coordinating mission volunteers
- Creating and launching a scholarship program (scholarship program is on hold since fall 2018)
- Managing and staffing all missions-related booths during missions emphasis and any JRC event requiring missions-related booth
- Coordinating the missions information meeting agenda. This is held in conjunction with the missions emphasis days/week on a yearly basis
- Mission team leader coordination:
- ○ Meetings, emails, and calls with team leaders to keep up-to-date
- ○ Coordination of master team member lists
- ○ Coordination of scheduling team meetings, agendas, etc.
- ○ Make eSpace reservations for meetings held at JRC campuses
- ○ Coordination of meal for last team meeting (Qdoba or if Sunday noon, JRC kitchen)
- ○ Coordination of team budgeting and supplies
- Scheduling & overseeing Missions volunteers
- Incoming/outgoing general Missions related calls and emails
- Processing mail
- Filing of newsletters
- Completion of prayer request cards.
- Maintaining Missions related coding in F1
- Coordination of income documentation and trip reports
- Coordination of t-shirt orders, etc.
- Coordination with Accounting for monthly missions supports processing
- Coordination with Chief Operations Officer/Missions Pastor for new support requests, special project funds, etc.
- Coordination of team member paperwork (applications, passports, visas, releases, insurance information, etc.) completion, filing, submission to Assemblies of God World Missions, travel agent, etc.
- Coordination with AGWM, etc.
- Maintain team leader trip folder/binder
- Maintaining up-to-date master forms and filing appropriately on network drive
- Coordination with travel agent, missionary, etc. as necessary
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements
- Process check request, purchase orders and journal entries
- Reserve trip meetings in eSpace
- Practicum meetings with JR College students (shared with Community Care office)
OTHER GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Missionary communication – phone calls, emails
- Coordination with travel agent – dates, contracts, payments
- Expense processing – flights, in-country, project funds, emergency money, etc.
- Coordination with Digital Marketing for JRC website mission trip listings
- Missions’ emphasis Sunday(s) coordination
- Maintenance of Team Leader manual
- Complete trip reference sheets
- Be “on call” during trips
- Coordination at airport day of team leaving
- Coordination of communication while team out of country – i.e. blogs, emails to families, etc.
- Coordination of promotion and creative aspect for Missions’
- Assist the office of the Chief Operations Officer/Missions Pastor with various projects
- Fill in for the Administrative Assistant to the Chief Operations Officer when needed
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques, and office equipment; as well as English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to get along well with others and handle confidential matters.
- Ability to manage time and multiple priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally orally and in writing.
- PC skills including spreadsheet, database query and word processing.
- Must be punctual, pleasant and tactful with professional appearance and conduct.
- Exhibit professionalism and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Capacity to interact positively with and provide service to others at all levels within JRC.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, coworkers, civic organizations, business professionals, and the general public.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting critical deadlines.
Training & Experience
- Two (2) years of general clerical experience
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.