Next Gen Media Coordinator
The Next Gen Media Coordinator is to work closely with Kids and Youth Leadership to produce and execute multi-media elements for both James River Kids and James River Youth. They are responsible for weekly video and large group elements as well as media elements for special events such as camps, retreats, and outreaches. This person will make sure all media computers in each kids’ venue are ready for Sunday and Wednesday services, as well as produce various audio, video, graphic and motion graphic elements.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
Working knowledge in most of these areas will be helpful in performing the duties listed for this job description. An ability to quickly learn new software, procedures and practices helps as well.
- Adobe Premiere Pro – Most videos are edited in Premiere Pro so a working knowledge of video editing in Premiere Pro is vital.
- Adobe After Effects – Motion graphics are done in After Effects. James River Kids uses a lot of Motion Graphics, for Lyrics Videos, Announcement Videos, and Curriculum Elements.
- Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop – Though most graphic design will be done by another person, knowing how to work with the Photoshop and Illustrator files they create is helpful, especially when preparing them for integration into motion graphics in After Effects.
- Adobe Audition – Often there is a need to clean up or alter audio for the video elements. An understanding of Adobe Audition helps with this.
- ProPresenter – Our primary presentation software in all our venues is ProPresenter. Knowing how to set up schedules, playlists, slides, transitions, props, etc. as well as how to sync computers in ProPresenter is vital for oversight of service setup.
- Basic Computer Knowledge and Troubleshooting skills a plus – This position requires the coordinator to be able remotely access all the kids’ venue computers, sync ProPresenter, and troubleshoot any problems that may arise (e.g. graphics not showing on screens, Dropbox not syncing, audio issues, ProPresenter issues, etc.).
- Communication Skills – James River Church is one church with multiple locations, all of which are relying on us to ensure we are making each service is the best it can be. This requires a lot of communication with the rest of the team. The ability to communicate well with your team is vital.
JAMES RIVER KIDS
- Editing Weekly Videos – Because we are a multi-site, multi-venue kids’ ministry we use lots of video elements; big idea videos, devotional videos, sermon bumper videos, announcement videos, and more. Producing videos from start to finish will be a huge part of this job.
- ProPresenter Schedule Building and Syncing – ProPresenter will need to be set up and synced to each computer in plenty of time for each service, no later than end of day Friday, and Wednesday at 5:00. This would include building service schedules, filling them with all the audio/video elements pertinent to the service, one a “master computer” and then syncing all other kids’ venue computers to match the master.
- Coordinating and Scheduling Video Shoots for Curriculum – Each series will have a different look and feel and will have different video elements (like those mentioned above). Some are green screen “talking head” type videos, some are more cinematic feeling, and some are largely motion graphic based. The Next Gen Media Coordinator will block off time, people, equipment and other resources necessary for filming any video shoots necessary for curriculum.
- Assist in Writing Scripts – Each week on Sundays and Wednesdays we have scripts that go out to our chapel teams. The Next Gen Media Coordinator will share in the responsibilities of writing scripts. Scripts typically have humorous skit-type elements as well as the week-to-week elements that should change a little at least for each series (offering time, VIP, announcements, worship, etc.).
- Managing Equipment, Files, Etc. – We use a lot of filming, lighting, audio and computer equipment each week as we prepare for services. The Next Gen Media Coordinator will organize, keep track of and maintain all this equipment. After each shoot it’s a priority to make sure equipment is back in its proper space so it doesn’t get misplaced, damaged, or stolen. The Next Gen Media Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring all audio, video, and graphic files are organized, backed up and accessible.
JAMES RIVER YOUTH
- Create Video Announcements – The Next Gen Media Coordinator will be responsible for filming, editing, producing and distributing weekly announcement videos for James River Youth. Videos will need to be completed in plenty of time for integration into venue ProPresenter computers before services.
- Create Sermon Bumper Videos – Each series has a bumper video that will play before the sermon starts in James River Youth. It is the responsibility of the Next Gen Media Coordinator to shoot, edit, produce and distribute these videos.
- Weekly Life Group Videos – During the Life Groups season the James River Youth Pastors will distribute summary videos to each Life Group leader giving direction for the Life Groups. It is the responsibility of the Next Gen Media Coordinator to shoot, edit, produce and distribute these videos before their deadlines.
- Create Graphics for Games – During Youth services there is typically a game time. It is the responsibility of the Next Gen Media Coordinator to create the graphical elements for these game times.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.