Next Steps Director
Department: Next Steps
The Next Steps Director will oversee the execution of the James River Church Grow Track, which will provide church attendees a clear pathway to growing in their walk with God, church membership and involvement at James River Church. This Director will also provide oversight for Dream Team management and care in addition to visitor follow-up, data management and registration.
This is a full-time position on-site at the South Campus in Ozark.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Lead and manage the James River Church Grow Track across all campus by ensuring the strength and health of staff and volunteer teams (including clear communication, rostering and training), maintaining and constantly improving the quality of Grow Track, providing systematic follow up to those who are going through the Grow Track and to those who have completed the Grow Track.
- Ensure that all materials related to the Grow Track are kept up-to-date and are consistent with the all that is happening in the church in any given season.
- Ensure that Grow Track works year-round across all James River Church campuses simultaneously.
- As directed, develop marketing and promotional campaigns that will help people understand the vision and purpose of Grow Track.
- Resource Campus Pastors with campus specific information to measure the health of the Grow Track at each campus.
- Provide systematic follow up through your staff team for those who complete Grow Track to see if they are serving, connected to a Life Group, and growing in Christ through their involvement in the church.
- Build relationships with Grow Track Team at all campuses and train coaches at campuses for successful leadership.
- Provide regular reporting to measure the Grow Track completion rate, Dream Team involvement, and the lengths of time related to people’s completion of the Grow Track.
- Work with the Adult Ministries department to ensure that Life Group leaders are encouraging the people in their groups to the next step in church involvement.
DREAM TEAM PROCESS & CARE
- Work with Department Leadership to ensure that every Dream Team follows the James River Church process on-boarding new Dream Team members (including regular meetings, tracking Dream Team communication, and holding leaders accountable for their implementation of Dream Team protocols).
- Ensure that Dream Team Central is ready and well-staffed with a volunteer team for all services at all campuses (this includes but is not limited to all communication, recruitment and rostering).
- Provide oversight of the Grow Track and Dream Team Coordinators responsible for weekly Next Steps related ministry.
- Oversee any changes to Dream Team structure, as directed and in consultation with leadership.
FIRST-TIME VISITOR FOLLOW-UP
- Direct and coordinate efforts to ensure all people from first-time visitors to regular attenders are engaged in taking their next steps on the Grow Track to be placed on a Dream Team.
- This begins with the coordination of first-time visitor follow up with a pastoral visit.
- This also includes the coordination and implementation of the New People Party for all campuses through the year.
DATA MANAGEMENT & REGISTRATION
- Ensure quality data management and updating for the care of the people James River Church (carefully assess the process of our data collection to safeguard information on the attendees of James River Church).
- Oversee the registration staff team.
- Ensure registration for church related events is run smoothly and efficiently with quality care provided for those registering.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- The Next Steps Director should be affiliated with an Assemblies of God church and be familiar with the Fellowship, its churches, organizations and constituents.
- Enthusiastic agreement with the church’s organizational statements of faith, mission and purpose.
- Ability to build relationships in order to assess, advise and direct a person’s appropriate next steps.
- Ability to recruit, lead and equip leaders to lead successful teams and lead small groups.
- Balanced but energetic lifestyle in keeping with the values of James River, including the qualities of
- strong ethics, decisiveness, flexibility, firmness and fairness.
- A positive example for others through personal integrity, self-discipline and accountability.
- Personable, with a genuine interest in others, balancing a task orientation with sensitivity to people.
- Demonstrate ability to coordinate and supervise the work of others.
- Possess effective human relations and communications skills in order to deal effectively with staff and the community.
- Highly participative relational and communication style, with a team member attitude.
- Issue clear and concise oral and written instructions and follow same as required.
- Good writing and personal computer skills for administration of email, preparation of budgets, correspondence and records.
- Able to make independent decisions.
- Receptive to change and be willing to promote new ideas and techniques and take courses
- in order to improve the overall operation of the department.
- Maintain and compile accurate records and reports as required.
- Family supportive of a transition with the implied demands of time and energy.
Training & Experience
- Thorough knowledge and experience of data management and organizational systems
- Experience in leadership and managing volunteers
- Basic computer skills and be able to appropriately utilize the computer for communication, database work, and proposal writing
- Degree in business, management, or human services or related field
- Ministerial credentials are not required but would be welcomed
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.