Designed Sisterhood Product & Marketing Design Director
Department: Designed Sisterhood
To oversee and lead in development of creative visuals for the Designed Sisterhood – in all aspects of research, design, development, and implementation.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Plan and research design ideas for pieces, including but not limited to:
- ● Print items such as Designed for Life (DFL) brochure, Designed Sisterhood (DS) invite cards, and more
- ● Mass mailing logistics
- ● Designed Sisterhood Night (DSN) and DFL banners, promo pieces
- ● Clothing and accessory items
- ● Social media trends/posts
- ● Manage print piece budgets and communicate back to Assistant Director
- Manage the Designed Sisterhood Boutique sales for all DS/DFL events:
- ● Coordinate with printers to get items printed and delivered
- ● Coordinate sourcing, ordering, and designing all DS Boutique merch and apparel
- ● Design and mock up all pieces for approval
- ● Manage budgets for sales goals
- ● Provide sales management and oversight to Boutique during events
- ● Plan atmosphere ideas for physical boutique
- ● Coordinate/manage Dream Team leads & teams for logistics of set-up, tear-down, inventory, etc.
- ● Manage inventory
- ● Help coordinate all speaker product alongside JRC Resource Manager
- ● Keep crate inventory up to date and current for logistics
- Lead all DS photoshoots:
- ● Coordinate all details with photographer, models, hair and makeup stylists
- ● Negotiate contracts with outside photographers/videographers
- ● Secure locations
- ● Plan detailed schedule
- ● Prepare shot lists and inspiration photos
- Design & order all gifts for events:
- ● DFL gift(s)
- ● DFL delegate bags/pens
- ● DFL delegate journals
- ● Holidays (i.e. Mother’s Day, Easter)
- ● Office gifts for everyday occasions
- Perform other related duties as assigned/required by Lead Pastor:
- ● Stronger Men’s Conference Shop (SMC Outfitters)
- ● Assorted JRC apparel and gifts
- ● Help assist other departments in busy seasons
- ● Organization and archival of all past print pieces and photos for easy access
- Must exhibit high level organization and management skills.
- Must have professional graphic design experience.
- Must be able to manage large budgets and keep record of all purchases while communicating as event progresses.
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator, can work in both.
- Ability to operate Mac software and programs, knowledge of Microsoft Office is a plus.
- Ability to operate unsupervised, must be self-motivated.
- Knowledge of world trends in design to keep the DS brand fresh.
- Exhibit good judgement, honesty, integrity and punctuality.
- Attitude of hospitality and excellence in all you do, whether dealing with supervising personnel, co-workers or visiting churches.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and equipment.
- Correct usage of grammar, punctuation, spelling and ability to serve as an editor for written communication.
- Must be a “team player” in all relationships with the office and church as a whole.
- Exhibit confidentiality and discretion when dealing with all ministry matters.
- Must be able to deal with emergencies and security issues in a calm and confidential manner.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.