Department: Atmosphere & Hosting
Under the supervision of the Atmosphere & Hosting Director, maintain a friendly and welcoming environment for the West Campus. Answer all incoming calls and greet visitors with the highest standard of customer service and Christian attitude. Connect visitors to the appropriate department/staff member. Oversee incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries. Assist the Atmosphere & Hosting department as needed.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Opens reception promptly at the assigned time each morning
- Represents the church culture well to all guests and staff members.
- Courteously greets all visitors in a friendly manner, promptly assisting with their needs.
- Maintain guest sign in sheets.
- Answers all calls in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Transfers all calls promptly, leaving no one on hold more than 30 seconds.
- Communicates to security if a concern arises regarding office reception.
- Maintains an orderly reception area.
- Crosscheck JRC staff voicemail recordings for appropriateness and accuracy.
- Tracks phone calls and appointments for the campus.
- Communicates important information to South and North campus receptionists.
- Trains other staff/Dream Teamers to assist in reception area when needed.
- Proactively gathers relevant information regarding church events and departments.
- Remains in reception area unless a temporary backup or replacement is scheduled to cover the tasks at the desk.
- Creates and sends out the “Pocket Calendar” to all hosting teams every Tuesday and Thursday.
- Assists Atmosphere & Hosting and other departments with administrative tasks when needed per direction from Atmosphere & Hosting Director.
- Attends Atmosphere & Hosting Staff meeting and Staff Chapel when reception area is covered.
- Outstanding customer service and phone manner.
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques, and office equipment, as well as English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, coworkers, civic organizations, business professionals, and the general public.
- Front-line representation and solid knowledge of the James River Church departments and events.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and required.
Training & Experience
- Two (2) years of multi-line telephone or general clerical experience; OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Solid knowledge of the James River Church departments and events.
- Experience in customer service and/or sales.
- Relevant experience to assist other areas of office services preferred.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.