Registration Assistant (Part Time)
Department: Next Steps
Under the supervision of the Registration Coordinator and Next Steps Director, the Registration Assistant works with various departments on event registration and coordination. Researches, plans, and organizes registration processes that are in alignment with James River Church management and department goals while maintaining a high degree of efficiency and accuracy.
This is a part-time position.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Works closely with Registration Coordinator to coordinate the registration process for all James River Church events and conferences
- Assists with “day of” registration for events and conferences
- Assists with registration booths for events and conferences as needed
- Enters registrants into database to ensure accuracy of data and registration information
- Assists with the collection, processing, and deposit of registrant payments
- Assists with the transfer of information between registration, payment, and database software
- Process cash and credit card payments for registrations
- Send confirmation emails/postcards to registrants
- Process cancellations/transfers for events and conferences
- Accept scholarship forms for events and conferences
- Communicates with registrants by phone and email regarding questions about registrations, payments and event details
- Assists with all camp and event check-in as needed
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned by the Next Steps Director
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques, and office equipment; as well as English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Ability to get along well with others and handle confidential matters
- Ability to manage time and multiple priorities to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally orally and in writing
- PC skills including spreadsheet, database query and word processing
- Exhibit professionalism and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting critical deadlines.
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Experience in person-to-person and telephone customer service and/or outside sales
- Previous experience (other than clerical) in accounting, budgeting or financial analysis is a plus
- Knowledge of Fellowship One church software is preferred but not required
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.