Directs, coordinates, and supervises the operations of all church resource centers at all campuses and the online store. Responsibility for purchasing, stocking, merchandising, sales, inventory control, cash and credit card transactions, and filling online orders. Maintain a significant volunteer floor presence during services, events, & conferences.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Supervise sales and cashiering functions and provide customer service in the campus resource centers.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates the day-to-day operations of the resource center.
- Selects, trains, and supervises volunteers and assigned staff at all James River Church campuses.
- Raises up volunteer leadership at all campuses to help oversee resource volunteer recruiting, training and scheduling.
- Maintains the online store website, updating as needed.
- Monitors and fills all online purchases in a timely manner.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates packaging and shipping of all online store merchandise.
- Authorizes expenditures, reviews monthly financial statements and maintain fiscal control over resource center and online store and related operations.
- Organizes and supervises periodic inventories for the resource center and online store.
- Initiates and coordinates the requisitioning of supplies and resource with the JRC office and Campus Pastor’s office.
- Determines space allocation and design of display layouts.
- Opens and secures facilities timely.
- Oversee recruitment of volunteers for the Product Team for Designed for Life (DFL), Designed Sisterhood Night (DSN), & Stronger Men’s Conference (SMC).
- Handle correspondence for special speakers for DFL, DSN, Sizzlin’ Summer & SMC.
- Handle correspondence for Product Team volunteers for each rally and conference for DFL, DSN, & SMC.
- Manage product for special speakers who come to JRC.
- Oversee online stores/orders for JRC and conferences.
- Keep the Resource office well organized to ensure good stewardship of all Resource supplies and inventory.
- Ability to plan and organize the business activities of the resource center.
- Analyze situations and take effective action.
- Inventory management and control.
- Give clear and concise instructions.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Learn specialized computer applications, including in relationship to the online store.
- Train others in the function, role, practices, and procedures of the resource center and online store.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.