Senior High Campus Coordinator (South)
The Senior High Coordinator for the South Campus is to work closely with James River Youth Pastor to implement and execute ministry as it relates to logistics, set-up, Dream Team support and communication, service elements, Life Groups, and administration. He or she will assist the campus pastor by providing leadership to Dream Team members.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Follow-up calls/emails pertaining to James River Youth – South Campus
- Leader assignments and confirmation for weekly services
- Senior High Life Groups: Attendance, leader rosters, supplies, etc
- Service prep, including supplies
- Oversight to Youth merch & apparel, ensure café supplies are maintained and organized, make weekly deposits to accounting
- Oversee and coordinate set-up needs for each service as needed
- Ensure café is adequately stocked including money box, food items, signage, etc.
- Manage games in the venue keeping them organized and set-up for services
- Recruit, train, and develop a team to assist for set-up and tear-down of venues
- Must show excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate vision/inspiration to their team
- Follow up with leaders not in attendance on a Sunday and Wednesday
- Maintain database and Planning Center Online (PCO) with all current Dream Teamers
- Prepare rosters a month in advance and make weekly adjustments as needed
- Assist the Youth Campus Pastor with recruitment and ongoing training/development of Sunday and Wednesday Youth Dream Team
CHECK-IN, GREETING, & VIP OVERSIGHT
- Oversee building effective teams for oversight of check-in/greeting/and VIP.
- Develop a team of coaches for each of the above areas.
- Recruit/train/place Dream Team in PCO and update all data management systems accordingly
- Provide opportunities for team growth and building community among that team
YOUTH LIFE GROUPS
- Provide primary oversight to Wednesday night Senior High life groups
- Build an effective leadership team of Senior High life group coaches
- Recruit, train, and place Senior High life group leaders
- Communicate Senior High life group plans to leaders
- Monitor overall health and vitality of life groups and leaders, including multiplication of groups as needed
- Lead Senior High breakaways per direction of the campus Youth Pastor
- Manage Sunday and Wednesday services and Dream Teamers
- Absences may not exceed 4 Sundays and Wednesdays per year
- Assist campus pastor by overseeing Dream Team assignments
- Youth representative for Grow Track
- Lead team huddles per direction of campus Youth Pastor
- Administration of in-service elements – will facilitate and oversee items in relation to attendance emails, offerings, weekly reports and VIP attendance
- Must be able to handle discipline issues and confrontational situations with an abundance of wisdom and grace and interact with parents/guardians and leaders in a professional manner
- Liaison between youth ministry and other departments when necessary, i.e. contacting Facilities when there is an issue, contact the first responders team with medical issues, etc.
- Must have a heart for students.
- Ability to effectively communicate with volunteers and parents.
- Must be a “team player” with those within the office and church as a whole.
- Must be detailed but also able to carry out the vision for the department.
- Must be able to lead with enthusiasm and positivity.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.