Social Media Manager
Department: Creative Team
As the Social Media Manager, you will assist with developing and implementing marketing and communication strategies and work with a team to build engagement with those who interact with us through our digital channels. You’ll help steward the content that is important to James River Church in our mission to reach the lost by reaching young families.
This position will be scheduled to work full-time at the South Campus in Ozark, MO.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- You’ll assist with defining and implementing measurable strategies to meet our digital presence objectives.
- You’ll work closely with the Creative Director and Executive Ministry Pastor to drive the marketing for all church events through online/social media outlets, scheduling posts, and assist with developing campaigns for the target audience.
- You’ll be responsible for engaging with our online followers, answering questions however they come in (email, Facebook, etc.) and manage any general online feedback.
- You will ensure departments have a clear understanding of the marketing strategy for each event and work with the Creative Team Project Manager on coordinating appropriate photo/video event coverage.
- You’ll find new and improved ways to market content through media and explore opportunities for greater impact.
- Bachelor’s degree or 2+ years of relevant digital marketing experience, (managing social media platforms or communities for brands, etc.
- High level of understanding of popular social networks – design, functionality, users.
- Experience with content writing and strategy; very high attention to detail
- High level of time management & ability to work under pressure
- Exceptional communication skills
- Love working on a team as much as you love working online
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.