Weekday Preschool Rotating Classroom Teacher (4 Day)
Department: Weekday Preschool
Work closely with the James River Preschool Coordinator in planning and executing the schedule and curriculum for the James River Weekday Preschool program. Greet and communicate with parents in relation to their child. Assume weekly management of room duties.
This position is for the academic calendar year.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
POLICY & PROCEDURES
- Complete requested background screening prior to start date (this will be completed with the new employee paperwork upon hire)
- Register with Family Care Registry prior to start date(this will be completed with the new employee paperwork upon hire)
- Provide physical exam results and TB test results prior to start date
- Read License Exempt Rule Book and sign required statement
- Complete State Required Training
- Read the James River Weekday Preschool Teacher Handbook and sign required statement
- Abide by no cell phone usage while on duty
- Ability to lift, push or pull 25 pounds
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel, and reach
- Ability to walk independently up and down a normal flight of 13-15 stairs
- Ability to participate in outdoor activities as indicated on the classroom schedule
- Function as a rotating teacher in a classroom at the South, West or North Campus
- Make sure room is clean, stocked and in order
- Oversee classroom (keep class on schedule, make sure diapers are changed, kids go to bathroom, etc.)
- Implement James River Weekday Preschool Curriculum in your classroom
- Conduct assigned activities from the administration, in conformity with the approved policies set in place by Weekday Preschool leadership and State regulations
- Observe designed working hours per the job assignment and uniqueness of each assignment
- Provide effective school-to-home communication through the daily “Take Home Note”
- Implement Weekday Preschool behavior guidelines in the classroom and maintains order in the classroom in a calm, fair and just manner
- Encourage students to have a kind and happy heart
- Develop and maintain relationships with children and parents
- Take attendance of children
- Follow the Notification of Parental Responsibility guidelines regarding the student to teacher ratio with your class at all times
- Follow State guidelines for sanitation requirements in rooms
- Commit to always serving with a happy heart, greeting all parents and students with enthusiasm and joyfulness
- Commit to keeping the unity of JRC and the Weekday Preschool. In the event of a concern or grievance will report to direct supervisor
- Commit to demonstrating through actions and words the “Fruits of the Spirit” to students, parents and co-workers
- Attend all mandatory training meetings
- Attend staff meetings
- Perform supervision as needed or directed by the supervisor
- Participate cooperatively with the Coordinator in performance evaluations
- Perform other duties as assigned at the request of the Director, Assistant Director, or Coordinator
- · In the event that you are going to be absent please notify the James River Preschool Coordinator immediately.
- · Time off should be requested two weeks’ in advance of absence.
**If absenteeism is affecting your class, a meeting will be scheduled with the Weekday Preschool Director and Coordinator.**
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.