Atmosphere & Hosting Dream Team Coordinator (West)
Department: Atmosphere & Hosting
Provide oversight for all West Campus atmosphere and hosting under the direction of the Atmosphere and Hosting Director.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee all hosting positions related to the auditorium, building, and outdoor areas. Responsible for Dream Team rostering for all services and special events.
- Coordinate and manage all building host Dream Teams for all services and special events at the West campus, ensuring they are all properly trained and staffed. This includes, but is not limited to, wavers, sidewalk hosts, outdoor entrances, info centers, hall hosts, and Connect Center teams.
- Responsible for training, coaching, and overseeing all service coaches and meeting with them weekly. Ensure they understand the purpose for hosting in the auditorium, building, and outdoor areas and that they represent the heart and vision of the leadership.
- Work with Grow Track for the interview process and track all new Dream Team recruits from Grow Track.
- Meet/Connect with all potential Dream Team “prospects” during week 4 breakout and write important notes on the application.
- Send thank you cards to everyone who came to Grow Track week four breakout.
- Keep an eye on profiles of all “prospects” through completion of Grow Track.
- Meet all “prospects” on first serve date.
- Ensure all “prospects” are properly trained before serving alone.
- Ensure all that all Dream Teamers are checking in at Dream Team Central (DTC).
- Works with FellowshipOne (F1) and in Planning Center Online (PCO) and keeps database clean.
- Attends training for “Blackbaud University.”
- Connect with “prospects” within 7 days of receiving list from Next Steps team (this includes teams that are “other ministry opportunities” and “regular scheduled serve team.”
- Responsible for moving “prospects” along the process in F1.
- Responsible for keeping PCO updated and clean. And moving people form “prospect/training” to a “regular assignment.”
- Ensures all Dream Teamers that serve on team are profiled in F1.
- Work with the Atmosphere and Hosting Director to address any Dream Team issues that arise.
- Provide guidance to Dream Team Members who have questions and troubleshoot. Address issues or situations that arise during services/events.
- Oversee auditorium set up, seat cards, ropes, communion, and special components for all services and special events.
- Oversee service components such as offering, communion, and attendance count in the auditorium and send stats to Auditorium Coordinator.
- Oversee West Campus Hosting during all special events. This includes, but is not limited to, Stronger Men’s Conference (SMC), Designed for Life Women’s Conference (DFL), Life Group Conference, Easter egg hunt, Designed Sisterhood Night (DSN), graduations, James River Christmas etc.
- Oversee attendance count for services and special events at the West campus.
- Connect weekly with the JRC Security team prior to weekend services to be informed on any security issues or disruptions that have occurred throughout the week. Communicate and relay any pertinent information to their teams.
- Ensure preparedness of grounds and buildings for guests each week. Make sure bean bag toss game is set out on the front sidewalk 1 hour prior to services. Note furniture issues, cleanliness, and hosting area issues and address them if needed.
- Ensure stocking and prep for all Connect Centers, information centers, wall info, and invite cards for every service. Make sure outdated cards are removed prior to every service. Check information centers prior to every service.
- Oversee and cross check that all Hosting Dream Team positions are filled. Ensure they are in place 30 minutes before service begins and that they are covered throughout the service.
- Cross check to make sure building areas at the West campus (Resources, Café, booths) are staffed and ready 30 minutes prior to every service or event. Notify department if needed.
- Cross check and verify music and hall TV screens are on and at the correct volume levels. This is to be done 1 hour prior to every service or event.
- Prep family rooms at the West campus for services and events
- Cross check atrium booths and Information Centers for neatness and staffing.
- Assist with Dream Team member communication and relationship building with coaches and Dream Team members during the week.
- Lead pre-service meetings with coaches and Dream Team members.
- Attend Staff Chapel and arrive early to greet.
- Attend meetings that pertain to role including but not limited to Atmosphere and Hosting team meeting and West campus staff meeting.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Must have a heart for students.
- Ability to effectively communicate with volunteers and parents.
- Must be a “team player” with those within the office and church as a whole.
- Must be detailed but also able to carry out the vision for the department.
- Must be able to lead with enthusiasm and positivity.
Code of Conduct and Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.