Worship Dream Team Coordinator
The Dream Team Coordinator handles the coordination & rostering of James River Worship Dream Teamers in worship venues and events. This is including (but not limited to) weekly worship services and seasonal church events. This person is responsible for seeing people through the process of joining the Worship Dream Team and developing relationship with them. Additionally, this position provides administrative support to the Worship Department on an as-needed basis and performs general office functions as required. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Worship Pastor.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- WORSHIP TEAM COORDINATON: Works under the direct supervision of the Worship Pastor and Worship & Production Administrator to help create and implement the worship team roster for James River Church worship venues. Handles all incoming and outgoing communication related to rostering, scheduling, and Dream Team management. This includes, but is not limited to rehearsal plans, Dream Team scheduling, orders of service, run sheets, policy documents, and email/phone correspondence.
- EXECUTES PROCESS OF PEOPLE JOINING THE WORSHIP DREAM TEAM: Executes the process of people joining the Worship Team, under the direct supervision of the Worship & Production Administrator and leads people through the Grow Track process. Handles the coordination of auditions, interviews, and first serves. Provides Worship Dream Team Representation for Grow Track when needed. Handles communication between Worship Department and Connections Department regarding people joining the Worship Dream Team. Actively works within systems to update Dream Team information, including but not limited to, FellowshipOne, Blackbaud, and Planning Center Online.
- HANDLING ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITES IN RELATION TO WORSHIP DREAM TEAM: Under the supervision of the Worship Pastor, administrates any tasks related to Worship Dream Team such as the following: creating and communicating rehearsal plans, creating run sheets, assisting in organizing worship team events, Team Night assistance, Sunday morning and event hosting (coordinating Dream Team members, string players, food, etc.), handling childcare reimbursements, music distribution, and communication with other departments when working in conjunction with Worship Dream Team.
- JRC PLANNING CENTER ACCOUNT: Manages the JRC Planning Center Account for James River Worship. This includes inputting initial Mp3’s and chord charts for songs, updating team member profiles, updating setlists, and coordinating vocal parts along with the Vocal Arranger.
- WORSHIP BAND REQUESTS: Initiates communication with departments regarding worship needs for Designed Sisterhood events, Youth Events (retreats, camps, etc.), church-wide conferences, and any other church events of similar status in need of a team. Also, can handle any incoming requests for James River Worship or musicians.
- MEMBERSHIP/ATTENDANCE RECORDS FOR JR WORSHIP DEPARTMENT: Coordinates effective record keeping for the worship team and its events. Provides weekly, periodic, and annual reports as deemed necessary by the Worship Pastor.
- WORSHIP CONFERENCE ROOM: Helps maintain the worship conference room in a professional manner. This includes housekeeping items of organization and cleanliness. Will also work in conjunction with Worship Administrative Assistant regarding this.
- PHONE AND EMAIL GENERAL COMMUNICATION: Assists in handling incoming phone calls to the department. In all aspects is a representation of James River Worship Department, and must maintain systems that provide high quality, timely service to people in handling information to and from this office.
- GENERAL OFFICE DUTIES: Compose office documents using computer and applications such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Publisher, and other like software. Periodically will interact with budget depending on the circumstance and must have a basic knowledge of how to handle financing.
- FILES & RECORDS: Maintain a filing system for the Worship Department whether online or physical copies. Establishes and maintains a variety of files and records.
- MEETINGS: Participates in all meetings required of the position, including but not limited to: Worship Team, Support Staff, Dream Team Coordinator meetings. As well attendance to all Staff Chapels.
- LICENSE COMPLIANCE: Coordinates compliance and reporting for the CCLI license and Church Rehearsal license.
- ADDITIONAL DUTIES, DECORUM & ETIQUETTE: Performs other related duties as assigned. Priority will be given to decorum and etiquette that promotes civility, good manners, and kindness in contact with people.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques, and office equipment.
- Intermediate level skill on computer using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. As well as a demonstrated aptitude to learning new computer software program.
- An aptitude for learning and using electronic office equipment including church phone system, copy/fax machines, other various networked devices.
- Communicate in an effective and professional manner – orally and written.
- Skill in taking and transcribing dictation, accurately and with reasonable speed, of a variety of materials, including statements, minutes, correspondence, reports, and other material.
- Ability to perform secretarial and clerical duties with speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, coworkers, civic organizations, business professionals, and the general public.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required.
Training & Experience
- Two (2) years of administrative and general clerical experience; OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life, including communicating and sharing with your spouse, as well as spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.