Youth Director (South)
James River Church is known around the country for an explosive and visionary youth ministry that is leading the way in the area of reaching students for Christ. The youth gatherings are an electric (anything could happen) environment full of excitement and the Holy Spirit. The South Campus Youth Director, will play an essential role in taking James River Youth to the next level by providing vision, team building, student connection, and passionate communication. Get ready to be a part of a cutting-edge youth ministry, see revival in the lives of young people, and watch thousands of students come to know Christ.
Essential Responsibilities & Job Duties
- Responsible for assigned campus during all services and events including physical set-up, dream team assignments, and overall atmosphere.
- Under the direction of the Family Ministries Director the Youth Director would assume the role as the primary vision caster and minister to the needs of the Youth dream team, students, and parents.
- Weekly communication with team
- Recruit, train, and develop a team of leaders and equip them to serve for services and events.
- Assist in recruiting, training, and developing a weekday team to assist with set-up and cleaning
- Organize training and development events as needed for dream team.
- Ensure that dream team is growing and that we are utilizing James River Church best practices for processing all dream team.
- Provide ongoing encouragement for Dream Team
STUDENT DISCIPLESHIP & LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
- Develop leaders and systems for ongoing discipleship of students primarily through Life Groups.
- Lead 9.12 student leadership ministry (influencers) and seek to develop ongoing leadership opportunities for students
- Develop relationships with area schools and sports programs to build relationships outside the walls of James River Youth.
- Recruit and train an effective team for Youth Life Groups
- Multiply Life Groups as necessary
- Monitor and maintain health of all Life Groups
- Develop a team of coaches to assist in overseeing Life Group ministry
- Communicate all details of Life Group in a timely manner
- Print and distribute Life Group discussion guides
- Be familiar with everything needed for a successful Life Group and ensure that all needed supplies are readily available
- Create samples of Life Group activities
- Provide atmosphere that is welcoming, exciting and staffed with Dream Team
- Set-up and manage games and activities in the venue
- Oversee set-up needs for each service as needed including but not limited to
- Chair set-up (at times coordinating with facilities)
- This role’s primary responsibility involves managing Sunday and Wednesday services and Dream Team as it relates to the youth ministry.
- Overseeing the preaching and teaching of the Word of God to the senior high student ministry.
- Lead huddle times
- Must be able to handle discipline issues and handle confrontational situations with students, parents, and leaders in a manner that reflects the heart and views of James River Youth leadership team and of James River Church
- Distribute OOS for both Sunday and Wednesday teams as it pertains to the youth ministry
- Acquire and organize all necessary props and materials for services
- Ensure backstage areas and supplies are kept clean and organized
- Set-up sound board and microphones, TVs, and speakers
- A daily walk with Christ and an attitude and lifestyle that reflects this walk.
- A heart to serve God and people.
- An ability to learn and execute technical and production elements involved in the chapel and event ministries.
- Flexibility to make small or large changes in procedures, services, position, or other areas of ministry.
- A willingness to serve wherever and whenever the need arises, regardless if it’s in your job description or even department.
- Creativity to help create an atmosphere in James River Youth that will help youth experience God in a way they’ll never forget
Code of Conduct and Character
- James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.