Café Barista (South Campus)
Department: Food Services
Under the direction of the Café manager, this position provides quality food service to all customers. The barista should be knowledgeable of the building layout as they are often looked to as an information point. The barista should have exceptional social skills and maintain a professional and positive manner. This includes detailed knowledge of the beverage procedures as well as day to day operations of the cafe.
This position will be scheduled to work part-time at the South Campus. Work schedule may require service times and special events.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for handling monetary transactions: Must be able to accurately conduct sale transactions, maintain a balanced sales drawer and make café deposits.
- With proper training, must be able to operate espresso/ brewing machines, baking and cleaning.
- Must be able to follow detailed written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to maintain a safe environment.
- Must be able to follow daily open and close procedures when applicable.
- Must be able to adjust to change of plans and put the solution into action.
- Demonstrates great character such as but not limited to honesty, integrity and a positive attitude.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Flexibility in scheduling.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Enthusiasm to learn.
- The barista will receive training upon hire on required responsibilities as well as continual training in café procedures and safety.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.