We will adhere to the Principles of Data Protection as detailed in GDPR. Your information will be:
a. processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
b. collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes;
c. adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
d. accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
e. kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed;
f. processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage using appropriate technical or organizational measures.
By providing Personal Data, including by use of this website, you agree to allow us to contact you, including by mail, email, telephone, social media, digital message, or SMS text message, in connection with our charitable purposes:
a. for our legitimate interests, in accordance with current data protection regulations; or
b. on the basis of the consents you have given.
1. Automatic Collection of Anonymous Information.
For each visitor to our webpage, our web server automatically recognizes the consumer’s domain name, if any, and collects the date and time of visit, the client IP address, and referring site. We collect the information above, as well as email addresses from visitors who choose to provide them, the email addresses of those who communicate with us via email, and information volunteered by the consumer, such as survey information and/or site registrations.
2. Personally Identifiable Information.
We do not collect personally identifiable information about you, except when you provide it to us. This may occur when you complete user registration forms, complete an online survey, or when you place an order. The information may include your name, email address, mailing address and telephone number, age group, gender and other preferences. The types of personal information we collect may vary depending on your use of the features of the sites. If you register at the sites, enter a promotion, opt-in to receive emails or other offers or communications, we collect and store the information provided. If you prefer that we not collect this information, please do not provide us with such information.
Some of our mobile apps include opt-in, geo-location services, that provide location-based services, such as store locators, promotional offers and other personalized content. Some of our mobile apps include opt-in “push notifications.” Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services or push notifications. If you consent to location services, we will collect information about the Wi-Fi routers closest to you and the cell IDs of the towers closest to you to provide the requested location-based service, not to identify you.
James River Church and its third-party service providers may also use a variety of technologies that passively or automatically collect information about how the sites are accessed and used, including your browser type, device type, operating system, application version, the pages served to you, the time you browse, preceding page views, and your use of features or applications on the sites. This statistical data helps us understand what is interesting and relevant to users of the site so we can best tailor our content.
Content: One reason people use James River Church’s website is to share content with others. Examples include updating your status, uploading or taking photos, recording a video, sharing a link, creating an event or a group, making a comment, writing something or sending someone a message. If you do not want us to store metadata associated with content, please remove the metadata before uploading the content.
Pixels or Web Beacons: We also use web beacons or pixel tags, which are transparent graphic images placed on a webpage or in an email and indicate that a page or email has been viewed or to tell your browser to get content from another server. These may provide confirmation to us when you open an email from us.
3. Uses of Information.
The anonymous and personal information we collect is used for internal review, to improve the content of our web pages, and to contact consumers for informational, marketing and commercial purposes, and it is not shared with other organizations for any purpose, except those circumstances stated below:
1. When you expressly authorize such disclosure.
2. To verify your identity.
3. Responding to your requests and questions.
4. In response to a request from local, state or federal law enforcement officials.
5. In response to a request by any judicial, administrative or similar proceeding or order, such as a subpoena.
6. Where we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is required by law.
7. In special circumstances, such as in response to a physical threat or perceived physical threat to any individual.
9. In order to provide the services or uses identified above, including contacting consumers for informational, marketing and for commercial purposes. James River Church, like many organizations, may utilize third-party service providers for some routine services such as promotional mailings. In such cases, James River Church provides only the information necessary to ensure the service is delivered and requires that the service provider sign a non-disclosure agreement agreeing to keep the customer’s information confidential and secure and limiting its use to the purpose for which it was disclosed. After the service provider has completed the service, the service provider must either destroy the information or return it to James River Church.
4. Children’s Privacy.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain or use personally identifiable information submitted to the site by children under 13 years of age. If you are under age 13, please do not attempt to register on James River Church websites, or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we become aware that a child under 13 years of age has submitted personally identifiable information to the site, we will not use that information and will immediately delete the information from its record.
Parental Participation: We strongly recommend that minors 13 years of age or older ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet and we encourage parents to teach their children about safe internet use practices.
With Respect to Ad Servers: We do not partner with or have relationships with any ad server companies. We will never provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for their use in marketing their products and services to you without your consent.
Where you have provided your consent to us processing your personal data, you may withdraw this consent at any time. At any point you would like to change your preferences and:
1. you do not wish to receive further communications from James River Church; OR
2. you wish to change the way you receive any communication
In addition, the Law gives you the right, under certain circumstances
• to request in writing and securely obtain copies of the personal information we hold about you;
• to correct or update your personal information held by us;
• to request us to stop using your personal information for marketing purposes or for any other purpose where there is no legal requirement for continued processing;
• to object to profiling activities based on our legitimate interest;
• to request to have all personal data deleted (in the EEA only). To exercise any of these rights please contact email@example.com or 417-581-5433
• to choose whether or not to receive marketing communication from us by email, text or telephone;
• to know about the cookies James River Church uses so that you can decide whether to give permission to store a cookie on your device. Please see the Cookies Policy on Jamesriver.org.
You will have the opportunity to decline to accept communications at any time and discontinue receiving such communication by:
a. following the instructions to “unsubscribe” on any email or text communication received from James River Church or James River Church affiliated ministries;
b. emailing firstname.lastname@example.org;
c. writing us at
James River Church
Attn: Digital Marketing | Data Protection Officer
6100 N 19th St
Ozark, MO 65721
Requests to remove your email address from our lists may take up to two weeks to fulfill. If you supply us with your postal address online, you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please let us know by emailing us at the above address or writing to us at the above address. Requests to remove your postal address from our mailing lists may take up to six weeks to fulfill. If you receive postal mail from us during this six-week period, please disregard the mail.
Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers online may receive telephone contact from us with information regarding new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such telephone calls, please let us know by sending us an email at the above address or writing to us at the above address.
From time to time, we may use customer information for unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future, we will post the policy changes to our website to notify you of these changes and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses. If you are concerned about how your information is used, please check back periodically.
10. Access to Personal Information.
Upon a reasonable request, we will provide site visitors with access to information that we maintain about them. Consumers can request this information by writing to us at the above address. Upon a reasonable request, we offer visitors the ability to have inaccuracies corrected in contact information. Consumers can have this information corrected by sending us an email at the above address or writing to us at the above address.
With respect to security, we have commercially reasonable security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site. It is impossible to guarantee 100% security.
12. Other Website Links.
13. Contact Us.
James River Church
Attn: Digital Marketing | Data Protection Officer
6100 N 19th St
Ozark, MO 65721