Department: Creative Services
The Creative Team Film Dept. is responsible for producing all video content for James River Church. We tell stories through video, produce weekly television programs, weekend experience videos, television ads, promotional content for social media, event openers, bumpers, LED content, event coverage and anything else that involves producing video content. We create works that build the local church and inspire audiences to grow in their personal faith.
This is a full-time position.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Shoot and edit videos as needed.
- Assist Film Director on all film shoots with technical aspects of the film including cameras, sound, lighting, design, etc.
- Package two weekly James River Television programs including shooting hosting segments, program editing and graphics creation.
- Assist in producing a variety of videos including promotional pieces for social media, highlight and behinds the scenes videos.
- Assist with the technical aspects of a video set including professional handling of cameras, confidently rigging lighting, and help create sets in pre-production.
- Assist in filming for live event coverage.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in film/video making (directing, editing, etc.)
- Examples of work available online*
- Video editing proficiency (Adobe Premiere)
- On-set experience
- Proficiency with production equipment (steady cam, dolly, gimbal, lighting, camera op)
- Creativity / strong editorial problem solver and self-motivator
- Willingness to learn, grow in skill set, and remain flexible
- Passionate about the Gospel and motivated in building the local church
*May include link in resume or in application below.
Code of Conduct and Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.