In this message, Pastor John Lindell shares powerful wisdom about confronting demonic influence in a sermon titled, ‘When the Devil Knocks: Demons Sometimes say “Hello!”‘ Join us as we study scripture and learn four key observations about being aware of and dealing with the spiritual forces of evil. Our prayer is that this message would deepen your understanding of the power of the enemy and how you can battle against it through prayer and time in God’s presence.
When the Devil Knocks: Demons Sometimes say “Hello!”
Ephesians 6:12 NIV
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
Demons can cause physical illness
1. Inability to speak: Matthew 9:32-33
2. Blindness: Matthew 12.22
3. Disability: Luke 13:11
4. Epilepsy: Matthew 17:15-18
Demons can cause mental problems
1. Pre-occupation with the dead: Mark 5
2. Nudity: Luke 8:27
3. Fits of violence: Matthew 8:28c
4. Super-human strength
Mark 5:3b-4 ESV
And no one could bind him anymore, not even with a chain, for he had often been bound with shackles and chains, but he wrenched the chains apart, and he broke the shackles in pieces. No one had the strength to subdue him.
5. Manic depressive psychosis
Mark 5:5 ESV
Night and day among the tombs and on the mountains he was always crying out…
6. Self harm: Mark 5:5b
7. Loss of personality
8. Suicide or Murder: Revelation 9:14-20
Demons can cause spiritual problems
1. Twisting truth: 1 Timothy 4:1
2. Twisted insight: James 2
1. We are involved in a spiritual battle.
2. Anytime we don’t deal with sin – it creates an opportunity for demonic activity.
Ephesians 4:26-27 NIV
“In your anger do not sin” : Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold.
3. We have to be careful what we allow in our lives – lest we open the door to influence.
4. We don’t have to be fearful of demonic activity or presence.
Mark 16:17 ESV
And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons